7.28.2009

All Points West - Who I'll Be Watching (Scarecrow Edition)

Following Mark's lead, I'll throw out a few of the artists I'm looking forward to at All Points West:

1. Yeah Yeah Yeahs - I've always felt that the YYYs were hit-or-miss. I always saw them as a group that got me with the single but couldn't lock me in with the rest of their material. I'm hoping the buzz about their live shows pays off - my expectations are rising. Let's hope I can keep them in check, or that the YYYs can defy them.

2. Black Keys - One of my favorites on The Campus Buzz. I love their sound. While I haven't heard much about their live performances, I'm still enthusiastic.

3. Carolina Liar - I've only heard a few songs by them on a station back home, but seeing them on the lineup has piqued my interest.

4. The Pharcyde - my experiences with The Pharcyde started, oddly, with Yoshimi Battles the Hip Hop Robots (the incredible mashup by The Kleptones). Pharcyde has grown on me quite a bit over the past few years.

5. Vampire Weekend - I missed an opportunity a few weeks ago to see them at a taping for MTV Unplugged. This is my make-up chance.

6. Eugene Mirman/Tim & Eric/Janeane Garofalo - Music blog, yeah yeah, I know. But what might seem to some as an anemic lineup at this year's APW has a fair amount of comedy to see. If a music act doesn't take precedence for any of these three, I'll be there.

7. (Well, Coldplay of course).

Hope to see you there!

No comments: